BEWARE OF YOUR AIR!!
- Indoor pollutants can be 5 times higher than outdoor pollutants.
- Most homes naturally generate about 40 pounds of dust per year for every 1,500 square feet of space.
- One ounce of dust can hold about 40,000 dust mites, one of the most common household allergens.
- Up to 72 trillion allergens find their way into your home every day.
- Allergy and asthma causes have grown exponentially, causing significant health care cost increases.
- 54% of single-family homes with children have someone with a respiratory ailment.
- Children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults, so they are especially sensitive to air quality problems.